Josh Myers (#71)
6’5” 312 lbs
21 y/o Junior Ohio State
(photo credits: theozone.net)
Games watched: vs Northwestern (‘20), vs Michigan (‘19), vs Penn St (‘19)
Josh Myers is a two year starter for the Ohio State Buckeyes offensive line.
In 2018 he was the backup center behind All American Michael Jordan.
He started in 2019 and ended up being named 2nd team All Big Ten.
Played in eight games in 2020 including the BCS championship game.
● Exceptional lateral ability to reach block from 0T to 3T DTs.
● Above average functional strength and power.
● Plays with consistent low pad level.
● Maintains good hand placement while blocking defenders.
● Gets great bend with his hips.
● Consistently able to get to the 2nd level to block LBs.
● Very good at pull blocking to get out on the edges.
● Excels at the inside zone blocking schemes.
● Above average run blocker.
● Improve reaction time to defensive line stunts and blitzes.
● Improve short area quickness to engage single blocks on DTs.
● Needs to maintain better balance while engaged with defenders..
● Needs to improve his overall athleticism
Josh Myers natural abilities are at their best at zone blocking schemes. He
has the strength to be effective in power blocking but needs to improve his
balance significantly. Although he has only played center in college he has
the tools and football IQ to play guard as well. He will be a very solid NFL
starter who could potentially become a Pro Bowler.
Overall Grade: 6.5 (Day 1 Solid Starter with Pro Bowl potential)